Tuesday, August 18, 2009

song poem

Stolen from illini_girl's blog!

You put your itunes of shuffle and write the first word of every song for 20 songs. . . and the 21st song’s first line becomes your title.

Here it is. . .let's hope my weird music tastes didn't screw this up too much. We had some Go-Go's, Dave Matthews, Stevie Nicks, REM, Peter Gabriel, Eric Clapton, Ben Folds...


Title: In a white room with black curtains in the station

Can't seem to get my mind off of you

Satellite

I have finally found a way to live just like I've never lived before

You threw away the ballast and you rowed your boat ashore


Now the radio studders, snaps to life

You could be my silver spring blue green colors flashing

Colour me your colour, baby

Something is about to give


You've got your ball

Hey! Hey! Hey!

Get away from me just get away from me

Loving you isn't the right thing to do


Swaying room as the music starts

I'm on my way I'm making it

And summer became fall

Pangs of silence from the room upstairs

1 comment:

kcjayhawk said...

this makes me want to listen to dave matthews now.