Tuesday, September 15, 2009

CONTRACT!

We have a signed contract from the sellers.

The past week has been nuts--lots of counter-offering, then we finally agreed to accept one of their offers. We are paying $3K more than we wanted to, but we LOVE the house, it's a great location for both of us, nice yard, only 5 or 6 houses on the street, great town, etc. Then the sellers had a rough time getting the contract signed back for us. The owners are divorced--the wife lives MANY states away--and then she wanted her lawyer to look over everything. Probably to make sure she was getting what she was supposed to, per their divorce decree. While we signed our contract on Saturday, I didn't get it back until today (Tuesday). Geez!

Note to everyone: never buy from people who own but are divorced! LOL Just too much hassle.

Inspection will be day after tomorrow. VERY EXCITED for this!!! I am taking lots of pictures and I might post some here.

4 comments:

kcjayhawk said...

good luck on the inspection...i'm sure everything will be fine.

Blubtrflygrl said...

That's so exciting!! Congrats!!!

girlwednesday said...

Thanks you guys! I hope so too.

FIL is coming with me since DH has to work...my parents have never lived in a "regular" home with sheet rock and things like that. They live in a post and beam home made entirely from wood, so they wouldn't know how to "read" certain cracks.

illinigirl said...

YAY! I have been out of town and am way behind on my blog reading! I hope everything is smooth sailing!!! :)