Wednesday, October 15, 2008

consideration

I am not a perfect person. Sometimes I'm snarky, even bitchy. But I do have a good heart, somewhere deep down there, and I try to do good things.

Two things happened to me and DH today that left me shaking my head...mostly at the lack of consideration on the parts of others.

1) I HATE it when people do NOT come get their sh*t out of the washers
or dryers.

DH was talking to me earlier (on the phone) and when we hung up, he
was like,"oh gotta go put the stuff in the dryer." Later on, he signed
on IM and was like, "so the laundry? Not in the dryers yet b/c
some f*cker's stuff is STILL in there...it's been over TWO HOURS."
So I asked him if the stuff was still warm, he said no. I told him,
"OK, I'm gonna be the laundry room nazi now...they didn't get
their stuff and it's cooled off, so it's been LONG enough.
Take it out, put it on top of the dryer or on that little table."

SERIOUSLY! Don't do laundry if you don't have time/can't
remember to come get it or switch it around. Other people
have to do their laundry too. There are 4 of each machine
in the laundry room and all 4 dryers were full of someone's sh*t.

Four years of college and I never dealt with such a horrible
laundry situation as this, adults, living in condos. GRRR.

2) Late invitations. Today is Wednesday. We just got an invite,
TODAY, in the MAIL, for a party on Saturday night.
Not a "hey come over for some beer and pizza" party...someone's
after the wedding, wedding reception. At a country club. WTF????
Could you give us some notice? DH needs to get his hair cut,
he doesn't really have anything to wear (neither do I but I'll
throw something together), we have to get a gift. ARGH!!!!

This is DH's lawyer, who helped out IMMENSELY with his
lawsuit. If it weren't for that, and for the fact that his and his now-wife
came to our wedding, we would SOOOO not be going.

Please, people, be considerate!!!!!

2 comments:

illinigirl said...

Explain this. . .

If you are the one giving the reception, isn't it a little silly for *their* sakes to send an invite so late??? Was this an error, or did they intend to send invites out so late?

I'm thinking for the "planning/paying for people that may not come because you're sending the invites so late" reason. . . this would not be a good thing!

girlwednesday said...

Well, it's sort of funny that DH happened to call the lawyer's secretary on Tuesday...soooo methinks she mentioned that she talked to him, and he thought "Crap! We forgot to invite them!!!"

My FIL also got an invite on Wednesday.

I really think they forgot about us--the lawyer, when doing FIL's will over the summer, mentioned the wedding, told him to look for an invite, etc. We figured they really cut down on the guest list and we didn't make the cut, so no biggie.

But we're going! Hopefully there will be people with whom DH can network.