Thursday, May 1, 2008

DH interview update! Great success!



DH's interview today went really really well. He SO wants this job. He pretty much told them that much. He finds out on the 12th if he made it to the next round. Annoying, but oh well.

The downfall is...that if he gets this position, he'll have to go to SC for 6 weeks of training. He asked me how I felt about that. While I wouldn't like him gone, this is something he's really wanted, and waited for a long time, so I would support him. It's just SC, it's just 6 weeks, it's NOT Baghdad, Kabul, etc. It's not 6 months or a year. I think I could handle it. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. I also asked him if he could come home for weekends or if I could go to visit. That might help. But I don't want to get too much ahead of myself.

3 comments:

A+ said...

Yay for a job possibility!! Boo for him being away for 6 weeks. Like you said, take it all one step at a time...

Unknown said...

Good for him. Hope it works out. Where's SC? South Carolina? Southern California? Connecticut?

girlwednesday said...

South Carolina, lol.

I wrote a new blog about what happened next...I swear, he NEVER gets a break. Ugh.