Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday

On my last post here, Illini_girl commented with "yay you're back!" Ooops. Didn't realize I'd been away for so long. Sorry to disappoint my faithful followers.

Work was busy (when is it not) and then I took some time off from work, which was well needed. Only to go back for two crazy days.

Today I slept in a bit, then went to see Grandpa at the "home" and to the gym before coming home. It's almost 4 and it's like, where did the day go? Ehhh. DH is at an all day training class and he'll be home in no time, probably wanting to do SOMETHING, and I just feel like chilling out. There are some things to be done around the house, too.

And tomorrow we have a party at my parents but that's not til the afternoon. Hopefully I can get my butt in gear to get stuff done before then.

I love my time off but it always goes so quickly!

3 comments:

illinigirl said...

Of course we miss you when you disappear for a while!

I hate how fast the weekends fly! It doesn't help that I jam-pack my weekends with 19371038 hours of running around. Sounds like you do that as well.

I took a day off on Friday to get ready for a party at my house. It seemed like a great idea at the time, but it was not entirely fun to spend a day off running around like a chicken with my head cut off!

I said that I'd maybe go out tonight. . . but I think it would be an EXCELLENT chill out night! We'll see.

A+ said...

I checked here every day when I was at work, just figured things were busy (and I thought I remembered you mentioning a brief vacay).

I love reading your writing again, though!

girlwednesday said...

Awww, thanks ladies! :)

It's 7:15 and I'm stuck on the couch, trying to motivate myself to shower and go to the grocery store...we're making baked mac & cheese for my parents' party tomorrow and we need a few things. Both of us are exhausted, I think DH is sleeping actually, lol.