Sunday, July 27, 2008

feeling a bit down

I really want DH to find a job. REALLY. It seems like this is keeping us from moving on with a lot of things. I'm on this newlywed board (NOT THE NEST) and everyone's buying houses or redecorating, or thinking about babies and puppies...and we can't do any of that yet. (For the record--I want to buy a house and maybe get a puppy.)

And he's a bit mad at me because I wasn't "helping" him with tonight's job search stuff...but I thought I was. SOMETIMES MEN NEED TO BE A BIT MORE ARTICULATE ABOUT WHAT THEY WANT!!!! He thought he was telling me how I could help him, yet, he was NOT. And what if he isn't doing the cover letter in the right way?

I think he needs to be more proactive. Just DO IT already. Apply for everything, anything. It's irritating and annoying at times. Financially we are still OK, and maybe he's waiting for a bigger issue to happen...for that to really kick him in the butt? I don't know...

I hate that I need to control everything. It's so annoying. I wish I could be more "live and let live." Maybe someday.

3 comments:

illinigirl said...

This has got to be difficult. . . because you have very little control in the situation. . . and when you do say something, I'm sure that most of the time, it just irritates him. With the job search thing, it's such a fine line between motivation and irritation!

Sorry that you're frustrated. I'll continue to pray that something will come up!

girlwednesday said...

Yes, that's exactly it. Very little we can do, besides praying and hoping that something will come through.

Thanks for thinking of me/us.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a really tough situation to be in. Wish I had some advice!!