Thursday, August 7, 2008

Just some thoughts at midnight...

I'm a bit annoyed...but I don't know what about exactly. I realized that many of blogs are sorta, I don't know, rambly and a little wistful? Not necessarily negative, but they could be seen that way.

I'm going through a rough patch, in regards to my physical health (and my mental health is probably being affected by this somewhat). I don't want to get into it right now, because it's long and sort of stupid. Maybe I'll post more about what's been going on, eventually. I'm not dying and I'll be okay...it's just not great for right now.

I don't know what else to blog about right now. I just feel so boring at times.

When it comes to work, I feel like that kid in school that no one really wants to talk to or get to know. I'm fine as a sounding board about the boss or to ask an opinion about layout or something...but I'm not included with the "group" for lunches or breaks or anything like that. I don't get it. People DO like me, people have liked me...just not at this job. I spend a lot of time on my own, doing my own thing...which is fine, but it gets old at times. I can't make people want to hang out with me. I've been told that perhaps I'm better off NOT being included because this group could be "dangerous." I just thought that work was one way to meet people...apparently not.

I'm really tired of looking at the dingy walls in this apartment. I wish we could paint. It looks so depressing to see that white/beige color that is standard in all places, apparently. We've been here almost 2 years and it probably should have been painted before we moved in, but oh well. It wasn't too bad then, but it is now. And the linoleum in kitchen? Always looks dirty, even after we scrub it. I want to brighten things up around here, but there's no way.

My tomatoes are finally turning orange and red so we've been picking them. I ate one at lunch today and it was really good. DH picked a few today and there should be some more coming in over the weekend (they are just a faint orange now).

I'm supposed to have coffee with a friend tomorrow and I don't want to go. It feels...I don't know...not organic anymore? It's just like we're two people in similar situations and we've known each other for a long time, so why not get together? But honestly, we're pretty different...and I get more intellectual/comical/whatever stimulation from people on message boards. Sad but true. It's like she doesn't have much personality or something. I almost feel guilty typing all of this out, because she's a very nice person and would never do anything to hurt anyone.

But I'll still go...because I haven't been out for coffee in forever.

No comments: