Monday, September 15, 2008

Amazon's Kindle


I have seen one, in person...and have sorta used it (for a few minutes). It was a work-related thing.

However, I have not seen one in public. Nor, do I know anyone who owns one.

Yet, Amazon says they are selling like hotcakes. WHO OWNS A KINDLE!?!?!?

Artichoke Dreams mentioned a Kindle in her post...that's what made me think about blogging about it.

I work in the publishing industry. I read a lot of books, and read about even more.

Again, who owns a Kindle? Not I.

4 comments:

A+ said...

I don't own one, but my coworker and I talked about them a month or so ago. It takes a while for them to "pay off" when you calculate the cost of the "books" plus the Kindle thingy. Plus sometimes you can buy a book for like $3.99 or something on sale and it's more expensive through Kindle. I think I'll wait until it's a little more practical than buying books or going to the library.

Unknown said...

Never heard of it!!! Just had to look it up. I think I will continue to stick with the library and free books LOL.

Rob said...

I own one. Keep in mind that there's probably only ~200,000 or so units out there, so the probability that you'll see one in the wild is fairly low.

(I also have a google alert setup to catch posts like this)

and1grad said...

What in blue blazes is a kindle? :)