Friday, April 17, 2009

just took a green quiz...

...which I got from Hippy Habibi's blog.

I'm not pleased. I only scored a 25.

*scowl face* I'm such a perfectionist about some things, but I'm trying not to beat myself up too much. Some "green" things you just can't do when you don't own your residence, or have to "answer" to a home owners association.

I promise, Mother Earth! I'll do better when I own my own home, with a yard and a garden and stuff!

So...how'd you do? Take it here.

ETA: I don't know why my links aren't showing up. Click on "Hippy Habibi's blog" to vist HER blog. Click on the word "here" to get to the green quiz.

ETA2: The links show up on this computer (my home laptop). At work, where I originally created this post, the links didn't show up. Strange.

2 comments:

kcjayhawk said...

you did better than me. i only scored a 24 (and i do own a home).
i know i should recycle but our city charges for it and when we cut costs, it was one of the things that had to go. i always feel bad about it but it had to be done.
and if we had a compost pile, my dog or kids would have a field day in it...not going to happen.

girlwednesday said...

Ugh, that's annoying that you're charged for the recycling. In our town, if you own a home, it's included in your taxes. If you live in a condo (like we do) your association handles it. There are big bins where you can toss your paper, plastic, cans, etc. BUT, if the association didn't provide these, we probably wouldn't recycle--it would require us to drive to the town's transfer station, which is not the most convenient thing to do! Another annoyance--our town only recycles the plastics that are cloudy (like milk jugs).

If you're interested, there are compost bins out there that have tops and such, to keep out any animals (wild OR domestic) and the kids, too.