Sunday, June 28, 2009

I think I am the only person in the world...

Besides KC Jayhawk (hi!), who doesn't really care that Michael Jackson died. (and here I am blogging about it, haha)

Go ahead, flame me, smite me, I don't care.

I'm not surprised--I didn't think he was that stable of an individual to begin with, and I never imagined him getting old.

Yes, it is sad that a human being died relatively young, leaving behind three young kids. But that's all that I care about, really.

I was never a fan--oh sure, his music is catchy but I wasn't obsessed with him. I can't identify certain life moments with his songs. The only thing I do remember is being a little kid and not getting how a girl could be named "Billy Gene" (that's how I thought of it in my under 5 yr old mind) and why it mattered that "the kid is not my son."

Then again I didn't grow up in a super musical household--parents didn't buy records or tapes and weren't obsessed with music the way I am now.

2 comments:

illinigirl said...

I really loved his music from the Jackson 5. . . to stuff in the 80s. I had some stuff. . . and I downloaded a bunch of stuff Friday night and have had a blast listening to it all weekend.

THAT being said. . . I am really not interested in watching all the shows, etc. about him. While I was a fan of some of the music, I ceased being a fan of *him* a long time ago.

I know that he was cleared of all charges, and I'm not even holding that against him. . . but I am holding general creepy behavior against him. Sorry, but if I had an uncle that had slumber parties with little boys, I probably would think he was a creep-o and would not have anything to do with him.

Ditto to MJ. He's like a creepy uncle. While there may be things I like about him. . . I just just can't *celebrate* him.

(btw--I do not have a creepy uncle IRL.)

girlwednesday said...

Oh yeah, I find him/found him? verrrrry creepy. Even in some of the interviews, he was just "off" and didn't realize his behavior was not of the norm. That's what saddens me the most about his life--not only were people enabling his drug problems, but they were enabling whatever "abnormal" psychological behaviors he was showing. I don't know what the official term would be, but to not know that it's NOT appropriate to sleep with young boys and to just blink your eyes and say that it's innocent? That's pretty...uh...pathological?

I wonder how much his fame cleared his name...