Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer decor for the door...and for the house...

I need a new sign/greeting of some sort for our front door. I just realized it is now officially summer and I have a "happy spring" sign (given to me by Ms. M!) still hanging up.

Whoops.

Hmmm, what shall I put on my door? Can't do a wreath--the wreath hanger I have doesn't let you shut the door correctly and even bent the lock. Uh oh.

In other news, DH and I got a new couch. It's leather and beautiful (thank you tax refund!). We also got it on sale, so that helps. It didn't come with pillows thought, and we need them!

Here is the couch: http://www.raymourflanigan.com/catalog/details.asp?ID=13746

Our chair is sage green and all of our wood furniture is "medium" finish.

Here are some pillows that I like:
http://www.pier1.com/Catalog/RugsPillowsWindows/RugsPillowsWindows/tabid/514/CategoryID/144/List/0/catpageindex/2/Level/a/ProductID/4082/ProductName/Leaves-Woven-Pillow/Default.aspx And not badly priced!

http://www.pier1.com/Catalog/RugsPillowsWindows/RugsPillowsWindows/tabid/514/CategoryID/144/List/0/catpageindex/2/Level/a/ProductID/1734/ProductName/Crewel-Embroidered-Boxed-Pillow/Default.aspx Only if I can get it on sale...$35 no way!

http://www.pier1.com/Catalog/RugsPillowsWindows/RugsPillowsWindows/tabid/514/CategoryID/144/List/0/catpageindex/3/Level/a/ProductID/4069/ProductName/Floral-Dot-Embroidered-Pillow--Carafe-Brown/Default.aspx


My mom got some beautiful pillows at Target recently--she found them in the clearance area, and they would go SO well with our living room, buuuut they are hers. Of course I will not find others like that. Sigh.


Not much else is going on with us. Still poking along in my online class. Work is crazy/stressful busy. DH still keeps looking/interviewing for jobs.

2 comments:

kcjayhawk said...

very cute.
my couch is sage green and i want a leather chair...our family rooms would be opposites.

A+ said...

No test results yet... I'm calling tomorrow because I am IMPATIENT!!