Sunday, June 28, 2009

Thank you Lauren!

Lauren is a student at my mom's school, who recently graduated and is moving up to our town's intermediate school. She'd been with my mom from Kindergarten to fourth grade, and was diagnosed with diabetes the summer before Kindergarten. Everyone was nervous, especially since Lauren was using a pump. My mom had dealt with other diabetic students before, but only ones who used insulin injections. (My mom is a school nurse, btw.) They had a great 5 years together, my mom took excellent care of Lauren and Lauren's diabetes is now almost an afterthought for her and her family. The family always gave my mom really super gifts for Nurse's Day, end of school, the holidays, etc. but this year's final gift really takes the cake.

To thank my mom for all of her hard work, patience and love over the past few years, Lauren's parents gave my mom a PANDORA BRACELET with three charms. There's a story behind all of them, I won't go into it here. What I'm most pleased about is that my mom's birthday is in a week, and I had no idea what to get her.

Hello jewelry store! Please show me your charms! Thank you Lauren and your parents! I now have birthday, Mother's Day and Christmas ideas for the next few years! (My mom would never buy the charms and accessories for herself, haha.)

2 comments:

kcjayhawk said...

that's so sweet that they always think of your mom. she must have really made an impact.
i have one of those bracelets too and i love it. it has made holidays/birthdays much easier on my husband.

girlwednesday said...

Yes, and she was VERY surprised at their generosity! I forgot to ask what metal the bracelet is, so I make sure I buy the right charms ;-)