Friday, July 31, 2009

Tomorrow

Tomorrow DH and I are taking a huge step in our lives together. We are choosing to do something that could ultimately change our lives forever. In a good way. In a very expensive way.

Wanna guess? I am sure people have two things on their minds. lol







We are meeting with a Realtor about starting the house hunt!!!! I'm kinda nervous about this, and a little scared, but mostly very excited. DH is like a kid at Christmas, but to be fair, he has been pretty trapped here for a year and a half, while I've gone out to work every day. If I were in his shoes, I'd feel similarly b/c when you rent a tiny condo, you can't do much but clean it.

Anyway, we haven't done anything re: mortgage and all of that stuff yet, we're just meeting with this woman (who has worked for my dad and grandfather, as well as a HS friend of mine) to see if we like her, what she suggests, etc. Our lease is up at the end of November, and while our landlord would probably do a month-to-month with us, we live in New England and trying to do a home inspection with snow on the ground is not going to fly. So we have to act fairly quickly.

I just hope all will work out for the best.

2 comments:

kcjayhawk said...

yeah! that's so exciting.
this is a great time to buy w/ the mortgage rates so low. we just refinanced but i wish we were ready to move up. we're running out of room but need to save up more money.

A+ said...

Good luck! How fun!