Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Quick post--re: my maiden name

I should be working, but ha, I'm here, instead.

I went to the accountant's office this AM to drop off some other info that he needed to complete our taxes. I had all of the paperwork in a folder, and when the assistant said he was with someone, I just wrote my name (with my maiden in parentheses b/c as I said yesterday there are tons of "girlwednesdays" in the world) and DH's name and our phone numbers and what was inside. I handed it to the assistant and said "it's for [accountant's first name]" since there are 3 guys in this office and because she was looking at the forms oddly. She said okay, following me out of her little area and dropped the folder. As she stooped to pick up the papers, she said "Oh I didn't realize you were a [maiden name]."

Who am I, a Kennedy or something? (and no that's not our last name)

She was almost surprised by "who I was." Too funny.




And to reply to Crazy A's comment about my polenta--yeah, I fried it in the olive oil, but I don't know if I didn't leave it in there long enough or what. It didn't really DO anything. DH is a much better cook than I am, as well. Most of the time, he just throws stuff together. Oh well!

No comments: