Saturday, March 15, 2008

Welcome to my blog

Greetings and salutations. I have finally joined the internet-savvy and created a blog for myself. Sometimes, I feel that there are just things to say and no one around who really wants to listen, so why not just write 'em down?

I'm partially kidding. I do have people who care about me and who listen to me (including a therapist, but I pay her, so I don't know if she really counts, lol). People who know me also know that I am what you might call a "jibber-jabber" or that I have the gift of gab. Sometimes I get a little too gabby, so for those times, I will blog!

So, why this name, girlwednesday? Well, I was born on a Wednesday.

As that old Mother Goose rhyme goes:
Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go.
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child born on the Sabbath Day,
Is fair and wise and good and gay.
http://www.bethanyroberts.com/MondaysChildIsFairofFace.htm

So yeah, I'm the one who's full of woe. Lovely. I was born only about an hour and half into Wednesday, couldn't my mom just push harder and faster to get me out on a TUESDAY???? Nope. No dice. Wednesday baby I was. Funnily enough, my birthday this year fell on a Wednesday and I turned 28, so I think it was one of those 7 year cycles or whatever. Oooh spooky.

Now that I'm older, I am working (as most adults do, hopefully) and I tend to be seen as the savior, the one who remembers everything, the taskmaster...the ubiquitous Girl Friday. I also do a lot of Girl Friday stunts at home too, for which my DH is ever thankful.

(Whoa, I just used DH. I usually don't do shorthands, but since I'm hoping that this will be anonymous as possible, I'm trying these shorthands out.)

Hence, my name.

No comments: