Monday, November 10, 2008

religion stuff...

I'm not one to talk a lot about my faith. It's just something I keep pretty private, not because I'm ashamed or anything. It's always been something I've kept to myself. Even going to a Catholic college, lol.

Part of it does have to do with the fact that I know not everyone is Catholic...and not everyone is religious! Part of it is me not wanting to look like some Bible thumper or that I'm perfect/better than everyone else...because I certainly am not. I don't know, it's just one of those things I don't discuss. DH and I talk about it, that's a given. In my mind, it's important for spouses to be able to share these things. We aren't the people who pray before meals at restaurants (but if you do that, more power to ya!)--we are private.

Anyway, years ago, when DH was recovering from his accident, he prayed to St. Michael the Archangel a LOT, for support and strength. St. Michael is often portrayed as a warrior--he does look pretty cool. When it came time to choose a wedding date, we chose September 29. I was doing some random research before we got married and I found out that our wedding date is St. Michael's feast day in the Roman rite. Pretty interesting! But in DH's rite (he's Byzantine Catholic) St. Michael's feast day is November 8. So that's why we were at church twice in a weekend.

There have been some other weird coincidences with St. Michael. 1) DH was going to be a cop before his accident, and he's the patron saint of police officers. 2) He's also the patron saint of the sick--and DH was pretty badly injured.

If we are lucky to have a son, we have a name picked out...and yes, the middle name will be Michael.

No comments: