Sunday, November 23, 2008

Yesterday at Target....

Who do I see? The COP from the trial!!!!! I was at the check out and he was by the exit; I'm pretty sure he saw me, because he was talking to someone and they were both kinda facing the check outs and then he turned away as I was walking towards him. Could have been a coincidence (him turning) but I was like, what are the odds that I'd see him again...and so soon? I wanted to ask him what the results were but I figured it was best to just let it go.

And this morning, I checked the state's Judicial Branch website and it says VERDICT FOR DEFENDANT. Whoo hoo!!!!!!! Very happy to hear that, and that's how I would have voted/ruled/whatever had I been on the real jury.

I just wonder what was going on in that jury room after I left...how the deliberations went down, if it was clear-cut, if people had to "coerce" others, etc. The other alternate and I discussed things and we came to our agreement pretty quickly. When you looked at the charges that the plaintiff was allegedly saying that the defendant did, it was a pretty weak case. There might have been some discrepancies as to the information on hand, but when it came down to the charge of malice or intent, there wasn't any of that. I still believe that the cop was doing his duty when he found the plaintiff might have been violating his parole. The end.

2 comments:

A+ said...

LOL you need to like become a permanent juror or something. Don't they have professional jurors?

girlwednesday said...

They don't have professional jurors but they DO have these slips you can fill out if you'd like to come back before it's your turn again. Hahahaha. My boss would be so mad! I really enjoyed my experience. I'm a dork, I know!