Monday, November 10, 2008

This one is for A+

So A+ told me that she likes my blog and my posts. But why? I don't think I'm very interesting!!! lol

Many people blog about their weekends. Here's what I did during my last weekend. Judge for yourself...

Friday--got home kinda early, scarfed down some leftovers and then we dashed off to DH's family's church that's about an hour away, as it was St. Michael the Archangel's feast day. In his rite, that is. In the Roman rite, it's our anniversary ;-) (hmmm, this reminds me of a future blog entry). Then we tried to go to the Yankee Candle store but it had closed. We were bummed since we had coupons for "buy 2 candles, get 2 free." Went to Barnes and Noble. I got I Can Has Cheezburger and DH got a book by Guy Fieri (from Food Network). Made our way back home, stopped at a diner where I ate a real cheeseburger, lol.

Saturday--got up, procrastinated around the house for a bit, then went to see Grandpa at "the home." Went to the gym, came home, showered, went to Mass (we usually don't go so close together, lol), came home again, cooked dinner, then started a night of crazy amounts of laundry. and watched TV.

Sunday--got up and procrastinated some more (sense a pattern here?), then we dumped out all of our pots into the woods and cleaned up the deck. This was a good move on our part because today (Monday) someone came through the complex and used a leaf blower to get rid of the excess leaves. Did some other chores around the house, then we went to my parents for dinner. Got gas on the way home, came home and got ready for the next day.

So there you have it. A weekend in the life of GirlWednesday. This is why I don't blog a lot. I'm boring!!! lol

3 comments:

A+ said...

I feel so honored that you blogged for me! And 2 blogs--yippee!

I just love to read about anything...especially people's lives. But see, just the little details, (like what book you got at the bookstore and that your husband is a different rite--I didn't know that!) is what I love. Call my a weirdo. I'm a blog addict!

illinigirl said...

You are an interesting person.

a) not everyone goes to church twice in one weekend.

b) dumping pots in the woods sounds like an adventure! :) (I don't know, for some reason, this just made me laugh.)

c) I didn't leave the house much at all this weekend for a change so you sound very exciting weekend compared to mine!

girlwednesday said...

A+ = glad to hear you are honored!! I like to read about people's lives, too.

Yes, DH is Byzantine Catholic. I knew nothing about other rites (including his) when we met. I thought he was some "fake" Catholic, hahahaha.

Illini = awww, shucks, thanks! We usually don't go to church twice in a weekend, haha.

Hmm, maybe I should have described the pot dumping better. The pots were from our flowers and tomatoes, filled with old soil and dead/decaying plant material. We had to lug the pots into the woods and dump them out for next year.