Thursday, April 10, 2008

Plus-sized clothing thoughts...

I was just inspired to blog about this, and it's 7 am and I need to go get ready for work. Bummer dude. Work, always getting in the way of life. lol

Stay tuned! I'll be back later to finish this!

*******************************************************************************

Almost 11:30 and I'm back.

OK, wtf is up with some clothing out there these days for the bigger ladies?

First--baby-doll or empire waist shirts and dresses. NOT FLATTERING. Esp. if you carry some extra weight around your middle. No one wants to be mistaken for pregnant.

Second--short shorts. I don't care how much self-esteem you have, or how comfy you are in your body, it's just not right.

Third--horizontal stripes. WHY? Why on earth would any one WANT to look wider than they are?

This is all I've got for now, but I'm sure I'll have some more later.

4 comments:

A+ said...

I don't wear plus sizes, but I must chime in and say that ANY time I see babydoll tops I can't help but think "maternity." Very few people can pull them off.

Secondly, WTF is the point of the W after the size?? Since they just continue above ladies' sizes, is the W necessary? It's like the scarlet letter of clothing!! Why can't it just be 20, 22, 24, etc.?

girlwednesday said...

Oh I know! It's not like there's a size 20 in regular/misses sizes, lol, so they'd need a W to distinguish.

I also hate size 0 and that new 00. Just go shop in the kids' dept, thanks.

Unknown said...

I think a lot of clothes for any size leave a lot to be desired these days. I used to love shopping at Old Navy because of dirt cheap deals and the stuff is at least half-way decent.

I went there last weekend and had a dressing room full of stuff and absolutely nothing fit right at all.

At least I got to save my money since I ended up leaving the store empty handed!

girlwednesday said...

Yeah, I'm not really happy with the clothing ANYWHERE these days. Old Navy's size charts say I should be a certain size, so I ordered two sweaters last winter in those sizes. They show up and one fits OK, the other one looks terrible! WTF?