Friday, March 27, 2009

Another hair update

Sorry if this is too much for y'all...

Here's a play by play of the last few days.

Wednesday
I did a TON of research during the workday on no 'poo, whooops. Pretty much got sucked into a group on livejournal, just reading and reading. I also got my hair cut. When I got to the salon, L (stylist) commented on how straight and soft my hair was. I told her "this is w/out any product." She was amazed! I also said something like "oh I know it probably looks a little greasy, I did wash it this AM." But she didn't think it looked bad at all. I didn't tell her about my "new regime" until she was done washing my hair. She got mad at me, and told me she would have done whatever I wanted (water only, conditioner only, etc). LOL So I confessed all about my plans and she was intrigued. Apparently she hadn't heard about this before... She cut my hair, then styled it w/out any product. Just a blow dryer and a flat iron. The hair was super bouncy with lots of volume. Smelled REALLY good--mint and lavender shampoo.

BTW, Illinigirl--she asked me if my hair smelled badly! LOL

Thursday
Woke up, hair still smelled great but was much flatter, so I pinned back the sides with bobby pins and went to work. The greasies started to come out, but they were probably similar to earlier in the week. I also discovered that my old scabs/flakes were coming back...so it's definitely something in shampoo!

I rescued an empty dish soap bottle from a garbage death and recycled it into a shampoo bottle, by adding my BS/water mixture to it. I needed something to really reach the roots, since I had read on Weds that if you get the BS/water closer to your roots, it'll help tame the greasies better. Also read that you shouldn't get the ACV too close to your roots b/c it'll bring the greasies back out. ACV = only for the non-roots! Since the soap bottle's top allowed things to be squirted from it, I figured it would do the trick.

I also discovered that I do have boar bristle brush, which is perfect for distributing oils down the hair's shaft...so I brushed it up before bed.

Friday
Wow, my hair looks awesome. Not really sure why....

This morning I rinsed with pretty hot water (not scalding) and scrubbed my scalp with just my fingertips. Then applied BS/water to the roots/scalp and scrubbed that in. Rinsed with warm water. Then kind of just patted (and poured) the ACV/water into the rest of my hair--if i had finer hair, I think I could use a spray bottle to cover it. Rinsed that with cooler water. Let the hair air dry for a bit, then blew it dry. I can still smell the shampoo (yes, from WEDNESDAY) a bit, which is all right by me. My hair doesn't seem greasy at all, actually it looks like what would be "normal" hair for me. I wonder what's going on....

2 comments:

illinigirl said...

This is just WAY too much work. I would have said "eff it" after day 2. LOL

girlwednesday said...

It's really not that bad, I promise!!!! LOL Either that, or I have no life.

Wellll, it was spring break this week, so I didn't have class or reading/assignments.