Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy birthday to my favorite children's book...


The Very Hungry Caterpillar, by Eric Carle, is FORTY!

Best. book. ever.

I made my parents read it over and over and over and over again.

I give it to all of my friends when they have babies.

How could you NOT love the colors, the design, the story?


Look what Google did with their logo today:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/5021384/Google-celebrates-Eric-Carles-Very-Hungry-Caterpillar.html

Another story about the day:
http://www.mediabistro.com/unbeige/news/the_very_hungry_caterpillar_turns_40_111906.asp


And you get a picture, too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i cannot even count how many times i've read this book.
it's a keeper.

Unknown said...

I am thinking of doing this theme birthday party for Matthew when he turns one. Especially since his birthday is on December 30th and we won't be able to do something fun outside. Wah. We read this at least twice a week.

girlwednesday said...

OMG! I just realized that I spelled children's as "childen's." Ooops! Now fixed!

Random Ramblings (Don't know if you want me to use your real name, lol), if you do that for Matthew, I'd crash that party! Whoo hoo! It's seriously SUCH a good book. I hope they have nursery bedding and such in that pattern when I have kids. I even want my husband to take me to the Eric Carle museum in Massachusetts, lol.